||[Apr. 27th, 2011|02:49 pm]
Basically: This is the first event I've been to where I've actually felt like I was getting things right. Before I've been nervous and hung around at the edges; this time I've actually gotten properly involved, and really enjoyed it.|
* My first taste of the Plot Stick.
* For the first time, feeling like the things I was doing were important, that I wasn't just hanging on and watching other people do the work.
* The glorious weather.
* Getting unexpectedly paid five shillings by a complete stranger for singing a Jacques Brel cover.
* Successful camping. When I was young, I camped some times with the scouts. I was awful at it; couldn't pitch a tent, tie a rope, or wash up properly, and spent most of the time letting people down, being shouted at, and feeling miserable. I've got kind of a terror of doing anything large-scale-campsitey now; being able to pull my weight during setup and takedown helped overcome that a lot. And doing washing up when you're IC turns out to actually be quite a nice break from having to think about IC stuff.
* I was probably lucky to get away with the amount of sunburn I did. But I did get burned. Ouch.
* Forgetting a toothbrush, so my mouth tasted foul all weekend.
* Matching my character drink for drink. Turns out it's much more fun to roleplay being drunk than actually be drunk, even if you don't take into account the issue of hangover.
* The new costume that I bought ripping at the crotch after one night of being worn. Fortunately, I had backup. Even more fortunately, it was a lot lighter than the stuff that broke, so looks like I'm keeping it. (I do want to find some braces that will pass for IC, though.)
* The question mark over whether I'll be able to make the next event.
* I got the feeling I was leaning on the rest of the Traders a bit for prices and approval of deals I made. Which in a way is fair enough IC given I've not been in the New World long, but I worry it was frustrating OC for them.